Lawn Crew provides lawn care services to many clients in the Surrey Hills including Abinger Hammer. Abinger Hammer is a small village settling in the North Downs and doesn’t have that many properties. Most properties lie off the A25 ( Guildford to Dorking Road ) or tucked away such as Hammerfield Drive. Each property has a unique condition from climate, shade and more, so Lawn Crew will create a tailored lawn care plan specifically for the needs of your lawn.
Lawn conditions in Abinger Hammer
Most lawns are beautifully maintained in Abinger Hammer and the residents have invested time and effort in keeping their lawns an asset for their property.
Occasionally, due to change of ownership, or other unavoidable reasons a lawn may be neglected for a while. But with a suitable plan most lawns can be recovered without having to resort to re-turfing.
Lawn Crew are happy to help, either with existing maintenance plans of helping renovate a neglected lawn in Abinger Hammer.
Lawn Treatments suitable for a North Downs Lawn
The stronger and healthier the the grass plant, the more able it is to cope with adverse conditions such as shade or chalky soil typical of the Abinger Hammer area.
For a healthy lawn there are two ‘teams’, the regular maintenance team ( you or your gardener ) actions that should be taken on a regular basis are:
- Cutting correctly, not too short and mow the lawn, regularly every 7 to 10 days depending on growth
- Watering, only when nature fails to
The other ‘team’ is your lawn care specialist, like Lawn Crew. The following tasks are best carried out as part of a a lawn care plan.
Your lawn specialist will analyse your lawn and create a plan for your lawn in Guildford that covers
- Scarification, to reduce the amount of thatch. Some thatch is essential, but too much restricts that plant. Scarification is a Spring and / or Autumn task
- Aeration, to reduce compaction of the lawn soil to give the roots a a chance. Another Spring and / or Autumn task.
- Weed spraying, this is best done in Summer when the grass maybe dormant but the weeds are growing fast
- Fertilisation. There are different mixes of fertiliser depending on grass types and season. Fertilisation is best done up to 3 times a years, Spring, Summer and Autumn.