Tailor-made Guildford lawn care to suit your requirements.
We’re independent, Surrey born and based, lawn care specialists providing tailor-made lawn care services to customers throughout Guildford, Surrey and nearby areas.
About Lawn Crew
My name is Mark Fuller, I founded Lawn Crew with the focus to deliver the highest quality in lawn care and customer service throughout Guildford and nearby areas.
Common lawn problems in the Guildford area
One of the most common problems with lawns we see in the Guildford area is moss. There are actually many conditions that allow moss to grow in lawns, and shady conditions are one of those. With the number of trees around Guildford there are quite a few shaded lawns. In fact Surrey has more trees than any other county in England.
The image above is one of our Guildford lawn care customers. Their lawn at first was mainly moss due to years of neglect. The customer had thought the only solution was to re turf but decided to engage us with our tailor-made approach.
A simple solution to factor assisting moss growth is incorrect mowing. Cutting the lawn too short (also known as scalping) is very tempting but this weakens the grass plant, making it susceptible to moss and weed growth.
It’s better to cut your lawn little and often, only cut 1/3 off the blade length each time if possible.
Lawn care throughout Guildford and nearby areas
Simply put, the stronger and healthier the the grass plant, the more able it is to cope with adverse conditions and to fight off moss, weeds and disease.
Along side a regular lawn care programme, actions you can undertake on a regular basis which will make a difference to your lawn are:
- Cutting correctly, not too short (usually keep the blade length at 1 inch) and mow the lawn regularly every 7 to 10 days depending on growth
- Watering, only when nature fails to
- Keeping debris off the lawn
- Regularly move objects around lawn e.g. trampolines, pots etc.
Contact us to see how we can help with your lawn
We can then arrange a suitable time to come and assess your lawn and propose recommendations based on your requirements.
Some of our services include:
- Scarification, to reduce the amount of thatch. Some thatch is essential, but too much restricts the plant. Scarification is a Spring and / or Autumn task
- Aeration, to reduce compaction of the lawn soil and perform an essential gas exchange improving root development. A spring, autumn or winter task.
- Weed spraying, this is best done in summer when the grass maybe dormant but the weeds are growing fast
- Fertilisation. There are different mixes of fertiliser depending on grass types and season.